TOP WETSUITS FOR 2013 – 2014 INSIDER’S PICKS
Surf Ride Short Link
Surfri.de links are tiny urls that can be shared with Facebook, Twitter, emails, blogs, etc. Copy and paste them wherever you like!
Whether you’re looking for a fullsuit for surfing in frigid temperatures, or searching for a suit that won’t kill your bank account, Surf Ride has what you need. Check below for some of our fav’s and a comprehensive post outlining the features of each suit.
Psycho 3 Fullsuit by O’Neill style #4037-13
Available in 3/2 and 4/3
- Psycho-3 proven performer with the upgraded Techno Butter material (lighter and dryer)
- Light-weight Super Seams
- XDS Air Chest and Back panels (upper torso warmth)
- Patented Zip Zip with a free floating Zipper
- Lighter, Dryer, than Ever Before
XERO FURNACE by BILLABONG style #MWFU3XC2
Designed specifically for warmth and comfort. Utilising the most advanced materials and construction techniques coupled with an exclusive new entry system it’s the most comfortable, warmest technical wetsuits you’ll ever have the pleasure of wearing.
DRYMAX FURNACE LINING – THE WORLDS’ MOST ADVANCED THERMAL MATERIAL
Exclusive to Billabong, this light-weight, internal thermal lining, comprising of five unique functioning layers to create a material that not only keeps you warm, but drier, it’s also light weight, soaks less water and is more flexible than anything else before it, making it the most comfortable material you’ll ever wear in a cold water wetsuit.
Furnace Lining construction
- 1. INTERNAL FURNACE KNIT – Increased volume, trapping body heat. High and low points reducing bulk, increasing stretch and reducing water absorption.
- 2. CARBON THERMAL MEMBRANE – … Keeps heat in.
- 3. AIRLITE FOAM CORE – New exclusive Airlite foam core. The perfect balance of density and airated foam without additional sandwiching to trap and block the elements.
- 4. CARBON THERMAL MEMBRANE – … Keeps the elements out.
- 5. EXTERNAL KNIT – Super flexible 4 way stretch, velcro resistant, low water absorption outer protective layer.
Gen4 Lotus Airo by WEST style #1MCA10
“The suit that is getting the most love is our Gen4 Lotus’ Airo. We meshed two styles to come up with this ‘super suit’ and the overall feedback has been insane. Double sided taped, interior has the nice glide skin taping and the exterior is done with our lava seam, a pin line fluid seam weld, making it water-tight. We also added our Airo technology in the chest and back panel protecting the vitals and making this suit the warmest around.” -West
“The key feature of the suit is the limestone, and what often gets over looked is our faith in our wetsuits. Every suit comes with a lifetime warranty, we started that in ’82 when the brand was launched and still offer that today.” -West
- Chest Zip L/S Fullsuit
- 100% West Gen-4 ultraspan neoprene
- Fluid seams
- GBS triple glued & blind stitched sealed
- Airo 3/2 Fluid Chest Zip Fullsuit in Black
Flash Bomb by Rip Curl style #WSU4AF
- E3 neoprene is super-flexible and lightweight
- E3+ tape on the internal seams
- Zippered stash pocket with key loop
- Hydro-Loc collar seals
- Seamless underarms and shoulders
FUSEFLEX 3.5/3/2 Chest Zip by Quiksilver style #
- Fuse Flex Stitchless seam technology
- Plio tech air chamber neoprene mesh chest and back panel
- Bio fleece thermal lined front and back mid body
- FN Lite neoprene
- Water Block semi dry chest zip
- Beadlock wrist, ankle and shoulder seals
- Ecto flex knee pads
Dry Lock by XCEL style #MQ32DRP3
The all-new Drylock features all-new TD3 Th3rmoDry – the ultimate neoprene, our warmest, lightest, and driest system yet – and FusionWeld seams for a virtually stitch-free, watertight construction. A waterproof zipper plus exclusive warmth, stretch, and fit innovations make the Drylock a must-have for surfers seeking only the best.
FUSION by HURLEY style #
- 20% more stretch than last years model
- Higher grade of neoprene
- Block Party stripe ties back to our Boardshort story and looks rad…Differentiation through color
- Open ended chest zip with no stress point to eliminate returns
- Split neoprene tape to support stretch that will not crack like liquid tape
- hollow fiber interior at chest and back for added warmth
- There are no seams in expansion areas…large neoprene panel at back/shoulders