Teahupoo Tahiti 2011 Hype
Surf Ride Short Link
Surfri.de links are tiny urls that can be shared with Facebook, Twitter, emails, blogs, etc. Copy and paste them wherever you like!
Billabong Pro Tahiti presented by Air Tahiti Nui
- ASP World Title Event No. 5 of 11
- Teahupo’o, Taiarapu, French Polynesia
- August 20 – 31, 2011
The Billabong Pro Tahiti is set to run on August 20. Word on the street is that there is a significant swell headed towards The End of The Road.
Are you guys hyped for Tahiti? We’ve put together a collection of highlight clips from The Lands End. Get psyched.
Billabong Pro Tahiti – A Powerful Wall of water.
Alex Grey, on a wave that is scary to watch on a computer. Can you imagine the noise that barrel makes?
Taj Burrow talks Teahupoo, and living out of a bag for the next 5 months while battling it out on the ASP World Tour.
Fergal Smith, in slow mo, from NIXON.
Maya Gabeira gets whipped into a deep one.
Clean Teahupoo from 2010. Opening wave is ridden by legend Sion Milosky. Filmed by our friend Aaron Lieber.
Another legend, A.I. dedicated his 2010 victory to his wife. Awesome. We all wish we could watch you stand tall at Chopes this year Andy.
BILLABONG PRO TAHITI ROUND 1 MATCH-UPS:
- Heat 1: Adrian Buchan (AUS), Chris Davidson (AUS), Cory Lopez (USA)
- Heat 2: Taj Burrow (AUS), Matt Wilkinson (AUS), Fredrick Patacchia (HAW)
- Heat 3: Jeremy Flores (FRA), Jadson Andre (BRA), Travis Logie (ZAF)
- Heat 4: Mick Fanning (AUS), Tiago Pires (PRT), Gabe Kling (USA)
- Heat 5: Jordy Smith (ZAF), Raoni Monteiro (BRA), Ricardo dos Santos (BRA)
- Heat 6: Kelly Slater (USA), Daniel Ross (AUS), Heiarii Williams (PYF)
- Heat 7: Owen Wright (AUS), Heitor Alves (BRA), Kai Otton (AUS)
- Heat 8: Joel Parkinson (AUS), C.J. Hobgood (USA), Adam Melling (AUS)
- Heat 9: Bede Durbidge (AUS), Alejo Muniz (BRA), Taylor Knox (USA)
- Heat 10: Damien Hobgood (USA), Patrick Gudauskas (USA), Brett Simpson (USA)
- Heat 11: Michel Bourez (PYF), Kieren Perrow (AUS), Dusty Payne (HAW)
- Heat 12: Adriano de Souza (BRA), Julian Wilson (AUS), Josh Kerr (AUS)
PAST EVENT CHAMPIONS:
- 2010: Andy Irons (HAW)
- 2009: Bobby Martinez (USA)
- 2008: Bruno Santos (BRA)
- 2007: Damien Hobgood (USA)
- 2006: Bobby Martinez (USA)
- 2005: Kelly Slater (USA)
- 2004: CJ Hobgood (USA)
- 2003: Kelly Slater (USA)
- 2002: Andy Irons (HAW)
- 2001: Cory Lopez (USA)
- 2000: Kelly Slater (USA)
- 1999: Mark Occhilupo (AUS)
CURRENT ASP WORLD TITLE TOP 10:
- 1. Joel Parkinson (AUS) 25700 pts
- 2. Jordy Smith (ZAF) 24750 pts
- 3. Adriano de Souza (BRA) 22250 pts
- 4. Mick Fanning (AUS) 19500 pts
- 5. Taj Burrow (AUS) 18250 pts
- 6. Kelly Slater (USA) 16950 pts
- 7. Michel Bourez (PYF) 16000
- 8. Bede Durbidge (AUS) 15000
- 9. Josh Kerr (AUS) 13900 pts
- 9. Owen Wright (AUS) 13900 pts
The Billabong Pro Tahiti presented by Air Tahiti Nui will be webcast LIVE via http://www.billabongpro.com
For more information, log onto www.aspworldtour.com