John John And The Pipeline – Day 1
Surf Ride Short Link
Surfri.de links are tiny urls that can be shared with Facebook, Twitter, emails, blogs, etc. Copy and paste them wherever you like!
Yesterday, Dec 8, 2011, The Billabong Pro in memory of Andy Irons Pipeline Masters roared to life in 12-15 foot Hawaiian freight train barrels. We have a voting poll on our blog that started in the office. John John is our chosen favorite to win Pipe (The Triple Crown is in the bag). The video below, commentated by The Champ, backs up our choice. Watch John John’s double barrel featured as Rockstar’s Wave of The Day.
I found this in my inbox from the ASP.
BANZAI PIPELINE, Oahu/Hawaii (Friday, December 9, 2011) – The Billabong Pipe Masters in Memory of Andy Irons is on for the second consecutive day with firing 10 foot (3-4 metre metre) waves. Today’s proceedings will commence with Round 3 and possibly complete Rounds 4 and 5 as well by day’s end.
The Final stop on the 2011 ASP World Title Series and the third Jewel of the Vans Triple Crown, the Billabong Pipe Masters plays a vital role in both qualification campaigns for the ASP Top 34 for 2012 while representing the deciding event for the prestigious Hawaiian trifecta title.
“The big swell we had yesterday has held overnight and we still have serious conditions on offer again this morning,” Richie Porta, ASP International Head Judge said. “We’ll kick off today with Round 3 and plan to complete Rounds 4 and 5 as well.”
Up first this morning will be Joel Parkinson (AUS), 30, vs. Hawaiian Wildcard Aamion Goodwin (HAW) in the opening heat of Round 3.
For all of the LIVE Billabong Pipe Masters in Memory of Andy Irons action log on to vanstriplecrownofsurfing.com/billabongpipemasters2011.
Upcoming Billabong Pipe Masters Round 3 Match-Ups:
- Heat 1: Joel Parkinson (AUS) vs. Aamion Goodwin (HAW)
- Heat 2: Kalani Chapman (HAW) vs. Dusty Payne (HAW)
- Heat 3: Adriano de Souza (BRA) vs. Jamie O’Brien (HAW)
- Heat 4: Julian Wilson (AUS) vs. C.J. Hobgood (USA)
- Heat 5: Damien Hobgood (USA) vs. John John Florence (HAW)
- Heat 6: Kelly Slater (USA) vs. Marcus Hickman (HAW)
- Heat 7: Gabriel Medina (USA) vs. Travis Logie (ZAF)
- Heat 8: Michel Bourez (PYF) vs. Adam Melling (AUS)
- Heat 9: Owen Wright (AUS) vs. Evan Valiere (HAW)
- Heat 10: Jordy Smith (ZAF) vs. Shane Dorian (HAW)
- Heat 11: Josh Kerr (AUS) vs. Kieren Perrow (AUS)
- Heat 12: Taj Burrow (AUS) vs. Ian Walsh (HAW)
Go watch, now.